Matthew T. Stillman
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Medicaid Planning
- Veterans Benefits
Matthew Stillman practices locally in the areas of Estate Planning and Elder Law. He assists clients in matters related to trust and estate drafting, estate administration, estate litigation, elder law, Medicare and disability planning, buy/sell agreements, business succession planning and corporate formation. Attorney Stillman regularly drafts Title XIX applications to the Connecticut Department of Social Services.
Matthew Stillman is a member of the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) and the Elder Law section of the Connecticut Bar Association. Attorney Stillman speaks regularly to local senior and community organizations on subjects related to Medicaid (Title XIX) planning and Trusts and Estates planning.
Matthew Stillman also represents national service and delivery companies before administrative law courts in New York City, Washington, D.C., and Boston, Massachusetts. He has served as outside counsel for various companies including New York Telephone, Bell Atlantic, NYNEX, Verizon, Ryder Truck Rental, Entenmann's Bakeries, and Kraft Foods Global.
Matthew Stillman is active in various civic and local organizations. He is on the Board of Directors for the Middlesex County (CT) United Way; is a member and past-President of the Clinton (CT) Lions Club; has been a member of the Clinton Bluefish Festival Committee; re-established the Clinton Bluefish Festival Fishing Tournament; and has been active as a local leader for his son's Cub Scout Pack. Matthew is an avid golfer and lives in Connecticut with his wife, their two children, and two large, lazy Labrador Retrievers.
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D - 1995
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- LL.M., Master of Laws - 2010
- Major: School of Law Estate Planning & Elder Law
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- B.A. Political Science - 1989
Classes & Seminars
- Middlesex M.I.L.E. Program for Seniors, Elder Law & Estate Planning, 2011
- Elder Law Seminar Series, Elder Law Topics (Various), 2011
- Zangari Cohn Culbertson PC
- Riccio & Beletsky LLC
- Stillman & Associates PC
- Ticket Brokers Inc.
- NY State Supreme Court
- CBA Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, Executive Committee Member, 2013 to Present
- Connecticut Bar Association (Elder Law Section), Executive Committee Member, 2011 to Present
- CT NAELA, President Elect (2015) & Committee Member, 2011 to Present
- CBA Veterans' Estate Planning Workgroup , Chairperson, 2010 to Present
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (CT), Board Member, 2005 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Massachusetts, 1996
- New York, 1996
- Connecticut, 2000
- U.S. Veterans' Administration, 2010